Thursday, April 12, 2007

Parents and Teachers

I think communication skills are vital for teachers to have, and blogs can be a tool to help enhance that. As a teacher, I will find it extremely important to keep a some sort of relationship with parents, so that they are aware of how well I am teaching their children, and what it is exactly that I am teaching. I could use blogs to interract with parents, and leave room for comments. By informing them on grades, assignments, and other vital classroom information, I would be illustrating to parents that I do care about communicating with them and helping their children succeed.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I think that parent teacher communication is the most imporant thing for a student to get a good education. If the parents are not up to date with what is going on in the classroom, then they can not sufficiently help the student at home. All teachers should have a blog, that way the parents are able to see what is going on in the classroom and how their student is doing in school.